1 Day Introduction to Shoemaking CoursEs 2017
Participants on our One Day Course get to make a classic, all leather, cement lasted, indoor mule/slipper type shoe.
1. Introduction and confirmation of participant shoe sizes
2. Overview of cement lasted construction, leathers, patterns and components and 'clicking' (the hand cutting of upper and lining pieces)
3. Preparation and assembly of uppers
4. Insole attachment and lasting
5. Sole attachment and finishing the shoe
The course starts at 9.15am and ends at c5.00pm – the end time is flexible depending on progress on the day.
We keep class sizes VERY small - maximum of 3 places so you get lots of individual tutor time - booking early is therefore advised.
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course" "Knowledgeable and friendly tutor" "Wonderful attention to detail" "Really delighted with the shoes I made" "Such a magical and productive day"
To book, simply choose your preferred date below and click the Add to Cart button. Once you have purchased you will be sent a receipt from Equipage Shoes. Once purchased we will normally need your shoe size at least 14 days before the start of the course. Please check our terms and conditions before purchasing.
Saturday 11th March Sorry Sold Out!
Saturday 25th March Sorry, Sold Out!.
Saturday 22nd April Sorry, Sold Out!
NB those with gift tokens please get in touch as we may be able to arrange a date especially for you.
OH! Please bring along a packed lunch - wear warm clothes and comfortable footwear!